Next planting is Saturday May 6, 2023
Want to come plant some trees?
As we welcome the warming weather in April, it’s the perfect time to plan our spring planting! On May 6th, we’ll be planting again at Sheidow Farm, located in the lovely Bethany Hills area.
If you’ve been reading our Plant A Forest blog, you know that we’ve been helping the landowners build an animal corridor and plant berry and nut trees and shrubs near the catchment pond. As animals pass through, they’ll need food and water!
With the help of volunteers, last year we were able to plant 3,000 trees and shrubs at Sheidow Farm. On May 6th, starting at 9:00am, we’ll be planting an additional 1,000!
If you’d like to join us, simply send us an email!
Email Us Today!
About Plant a Forest
Plant a Forest is a simple initiative.
- Work with landowners, farmers and conservation areas to help create biodiversity.
- Raise money for a few trees and shrubs at a time
- Find individuals/families to help with the planting
- Include an educational component
- Focus on smaller projects
- Get matching funding if available/practical
- Plant trees in the spring and fall
- Learn and blog about the ups and downs
- Inspire others to create their own projects
Together we can Plant a Forest!