Fall Planting Preparations
Things seem to be moving along well for our October fall planting.
We have our location. Now we need to go through the paperwork and site visit to see if there is matching funding available.
I visited the tree farm from where we’ll be getting our seedlings and trees from. We confirmed we can get what we needed. The seedling and trees are only available after first frost. So that means planting later in October.
The Scugog Lake Stewards got wind of what we started. Planting trees that benefit the lake is something they love! They are having a Lake info open house Sunday August 11, 1:00-4:30 at the Latcham Centre. They asked if we had anything about us we they could give out. Um, no I said. But if you come back next week we’ll whip something up!
The New Post Cards
And so we made up new 4 x 6 postcards outlining the concept. Let us know what you think!
We are planning to start fundraising for trees in Sept. We’ll let you know! There will be opportunity for some to bring their family and children. They’ll get to help plant and learn all about trees and the environment.
Until next update!
About Plant a Forest
Plant a Forest is a simple initiative.
- Work with landowners, farmers and conservation areas to help create biodiversity.
- Raise money for a few trees and shrubs at a time
- Find individuals/families to help with the planting
- Include an educational component
- Focus on smaller projects
- Get matching funding if available/practical
- Plant trees in the spring and fall
- Learn and blog about the ups and downs
- Inspire others to create their own projects
Together we can Plant a Forest!