Plant a Forest’s spring planting May 15th!
We’ve missed you! Although the pandemic prevented us from having volunteers, the great news is that we kept planting! Together with the help of Kawartha Land Trust and Ralph McKim, we were able to schedule and plant during COVID.
But now with restrictions lifted we can do a bigger planting and that means more volunteers! Do you feel like getting out into the fresh air to join us? Well, you can!
We’re looking for a few volunteer planters for about 4-6 hours in the Bethany area. This property is magical and overlooks the Buddhist temple, so this planting for biodiversity is perfect!
We’ll be planting 1700 smaller trees and shrubs. That sounds like a lot, but with each planter planting 20 per hour, it will only take us 4-6 hours. Oh, and we’ll even throw in lunch. We only need 10 more people, so please let us know soon!
Plant a Forest wins environmental award
On May 3rd we attended a Kawartha Council meeting where Plant a Forest was awarded an environmental award! That’s right, if you donated or participated in getting trees into the ground with us, YOU just won an environmental award. Congratulations!!!
About Plant a Forest
Plant a Forest is a simple initiative.
- Work with landowners, farmers and conservation areas to help create biodiversity.
- Raise money for a few trees and shrubs at a time
- Find individuals/families to help with the planting
- Include an educational component
- Focus on smaller projects
- Get matching funding if available/practical
- Plant trees in the spring and fall
- Learn and blog about the ups and downs
- Inspire others to create their own projects
Together we can Plant a Forest!